Saturday morning,I slept well, and decided that the first thing I would do today was work on my blog. I had planned intervals first, but the desire for breakfast intervened, so intervals will be in about 20 minutes. Breakfast = Fibre One cereal, plain yogurt, 1 scoop Brad Lamb protein powder & blueberries. Oh yes, and coffee (my Saturday treat)
I have decided this weigh loss journey is relatively simple (not easy, but simple). If I look at my history it is littered with days of doing well (and progressing), followed immediately by days of not doing well (and regressing). Repeat til dead! What a stupid cycle.
By simple I mean, simply avoiding the first temptation, and none of the others come my way. The aggravating thing is that if I had bothered to do that over the past several years I would be the size of a muscular twig by now! As you can see from my Day 1 photo, that is not the case.
Here is what I am going to do Saturday May 3 to stay focused and move forward towards my goals:
- intervals - 8 of them on the elliptical at L10 (30/45). This is the first time I am trying this protocol - we will see how it works. Normally I would do L8 and 60/60. I think this should be harder. I will add some cardio at the end to ensure I get in over 20 minutes
- take snacks with me today while I am out running errands
- eat something small before I go to a wedding tonight at 6 p.m. (and avoid the bread basket)
- read my goals 3 times today
- stretch, to loosen my bod
- eat clean (and as clean as I can at the wedding - even though I have set Saturday's as my allowed cheat meal). That means no wedding cake for me. I am on a 6 week sugar fast.
- have a manicure - maybe, if I have time - just so I feel great!
As long as I stay consistent, I will succeed. It is not the big steps. It is the small steps I take consistently that will make the difference.
I don't even find the cravings that come my way that severe, but I have historically given in to them anyway. No more - I am stronger than that!
I am committed to my life long health & wellbeing

No comments:
Post a Comment