Gratitude

I am grateful to be healthy and able to lead an active life. My goal is to honour and maximize the gifts that God gave me through a total commitment to my health & wellbeing.

I am commited to maximizing my potential.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Feelin' Really Healthy

I am feeling great, like it is all finally coming together. I have stayed away from animal products all week. Many of the meals Vegan, and a few Vegetarian. That said, I plan to have a small steak tonight - but from a farm that raises grass fed animals compassionately.

No more factory farmed meat for me. That whole process is disgusting.

I went to a farm stand, and got some corn right off the back of the truck, just in from the field. I am looking forward to having some corn that was harvested today (with my Vegan soy based "butter"). I also have fresh picked field tomatoes & peaches.

It is going to be a stupendous meal! You can't beat the summer for great eats. I am really going to miss the farm stands as Fall gives way to Winter.

Exercise has been great too. I have started the Turbulence Training 100 workout, which offers a style of workout I really like.

Today is a rest day, and it took a bit of mental gymnastics to remind myself that is a good & necessary thing.

I will be in superb health!

No comments: